Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Jobs in Clinical Research and other Clinical Jobs topics.
With clinical monitor jobs on the rise, many professionals wonder how to break into this industry. Having a detailed understanding of the industry, and getting familiar with the responsibilities of a clinical monitor will appeal to prospective employers. Read on for 10 things to learn before becoming a clinical monitor.
1. Get familiar with Good Clinical Practices (GCP).
2. Learn regulatory requirements for clinical research.
3. Study the methodology of clinical research in drug development.
4. Learn about FDA audits.
5. Brush up on basic HIPPA requirements.
6. Partner with a clinical outsourcing firm like Delta Pharma to learn more about the clinical monitor selection process.
7. Make a professional development plan with your current clinical manager.
8. Target specific pharmaceutical companies, and contact their human resources departments directly.
9. Customize your resume to specific clinical monitor jobs before applying.
10. Arrange a clinical monitor job shadow opportunity to determine if the job is right for you.
|Jennifer Mathes, Ph.D.|