Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Laboratory Staffing and other Clinical Jobs topics.
Whether you just graduated with a life sciences degree, or have been working in a laboratory setting for years, it helps to have a few tips. Read on to learn the top 10 tips for finding laboratory jobs.
1. Tailor your resume to each laboratory job
2. Call the hiring manager after submitting your resume
3. Network with other laboratory professions to find jobs
4. Don't ask about compensation on a first interview
5. Talk with a laboratory staffing firm about job openings
6. Optimize your resume for the web, using words that are likely to be searched by hiring managers
7. Always send a thank you note after the interview
8. Don't be afraid to contact companies directly, even if they don't have any current openings for laboratory jobs
9. Protect yourself from jobs search burnout by taking a couple days off when you feel overwhelmed
10. Check for jobs at your local laboratory professional organizations
|Sheri Ann Richerson|