Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Laboratory Staffing and other Clinical Jobs topics.
Many professionals have writer's block when it comes to writing cover letters. But following a few simple Dos and Don'ts can help your cover letter stand out, and land you an interview. Here are 10 simple tips for cover letter success when applying for laboratory jobs.
1. Do send your letter to a specific person
2. Don't include a lengthy biography – keep it to one page
3. Do customize each letter to a specific employer
4. Don't forget to proofread your cover letter
5. Do answer the question “why is this person a good fit”
6. Don't forget to state which laboratory job you're applying for
7. Do tell the employer about measurable accomplishments
8. Don't regurgitate your resume
9. Do include a few different methods for contacting you
10. Don't make your resume sound like every other laboratory job candidate
Also, when looking for laboratory jobs, make sure to partner with a laboratory staffing firm, like Delta Pharma. They can help match you with employers that are a good fit for your career goals.