Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Scientific Staffing and other Clinical Jobs topics.
When applying for life sciences jobs, every job interview you attend will bring new surprises. However, the one thing you can count on is the question “tell me about yourself.” Taking time to determine your response to this question will help you when interviewing for jobs. Here are 10 quick tips for preparing your “about me” pitch.
1. Include what type of job you want
2. Mention a few impressive accomplishments
3. Discuss what character traits make you unique
4. Avoid general statements
5. Give detailed examples when possible
6. Make eye contact while presenting
7. Research the company ahead of time, so you know what skills to focus on
8. Don't fidget while speaking
9. Practice your speech in front of a family member or friend, and ask for feedback
10. Keep it to 30 seconds or less
Consider working with a staffing firm. You can give the recruiter your “about me” speech and get honest feedback. This provides an opportunity to fine tune the speech before the big interview day.
|Sheri Ann Richerson|