Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Chemistry Careers and other Clinical Jobs topics.
Whether you're tackling a bachelor's degree or Ph.D., choosing a chemistry program is an essential step on the road to a chemistry career. These programs will provide you with hands on experience and knowledge to prepare you for careers in a variety of careers, including: pharmaceutical, biotech and medical device. Fortunately, U.S. News has ranked chemistry programs across the nation. Here's the top 10 programs:
1. California Institute of Technology, Pasadena , CA
2. Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA
3. Stanford University, Stanford, CA
4. Harvard University, Cambridge, MA
5. Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA
6. University of Illinois, Urbana, IL
7. University of Wisconsin, Madison WI
8. Cornell University, Ithaca, NY
9. Northwestern University, Evanston, IL
10. Columbia University , New York , NY
Once you've graduated, consider partnering with a staffing firm that specializes in chemistry jobs. Companies like Delta Pharma already have relationships established with employers, making it easier to land chemist job opportunities.
|Jennifer Mathes, Ph.D.|